বিষ্ণু বিশ্বাসের কবিতার ইংরেজি অনুবাদ




The Anabas

Vishnu Bishwas


Remember? The end was not like that at all.
It was night – moon lighted. Listen again,
It was a moonlit night –
The fireflies ceaselessly whimpered
as if in a sudden insurrection, for reasons
I, too, have forgotten.
Their teardrops drowned the thirsty meadow.
And then floated in, from God knows where,
The anabas – in their hundreds.
Their blue apparels and red eyes gleamed underwater.
All those words, we left unsaid.
Instead, we sang – of the ocean and the sky and fire.
You and I, without quite comprehending
the bond between the ocean, sky, and fire.
And then it stopped spooling – the tears, of fireflies’,
The stream of  blue wings and red eyes slipped away –
Then arose the earth.
A long time since, we sing no songs,
Only tell tales of the anabas – the blue Koi fish.

[Neel Koi] translated by Luna Zubeira Rushdi]














The Song of the Century-1 
 Vishnu Biswas 

If
Everyday is my birthday , perhaps
Or be void in a grain of  second
I am a Tree of 'BALAI'
Multiple from blossoms to seeds!

My home then 
Surrounded by tha wall of trees
From  the East to the West
My door
Open to the garden and grass
Living here I
Only men and animals guard their city
Like a Child-Angel!
[In 'Balai', a short story  by Rabindranath Tagore, a tree has been mentioned. ]

( Translated by Amit Kumar Biswas ) 

Something to Say 
Vishnu Biswas  

No place was available to say or  listen.
Nut-tress along the path on going to the sea
Struke me like a flower of stone
In a humour of mild conversation.
What did I say , would you tell me
Who heard it much? I've forgottten if birth exists!
Forgotten how I unveiled some pains too!
A little joy still is on the pink pillar 
After waking up from the blindness to the Eye
Stare I at the  sea is in the dune! 
( Translated by Amit Kumar Biswas ) 

You Seen, Dear
 Vishnu Biswas

A wind of deaf silence touches
And the flower of secret blood
Resting on the heart in calmness
You'll come.
Dying is the sun now
A  darkness, blue indeed
Fell down in pity
Time--flown  far away
Before uneasy death
Grass of earth whistles 
You'll come.
The sky undresses the garments of clouds
Carnal love lashes as  veil  that sides
Like a crystal star
Lightens  Heaven so dark
You are  seen, my dear.

( Translated by Amit Kumar Biswas ) 

মন্তব্যসমূহ